Nuts To Crack
Source: Games For All Occasions
Pass pencils and paper to each guest with the following written upon
1 (A Dairy product.)
2 (A Vegetable.)
3 (A Country.)
4 (A Girl's name.)
5 (A structure.)
6 (A name often applied to one of our presidents.)
7 (Every Ocean has one.)
8 (That which often holds a treasure.)
9 (The names of two boys.)
10 (A letter of the alphabet and an article made of tin.)
Explain that the above describes ten different nuts, which they are to
guess. The nuts described are (1) butternut; (2) peanut; (3) brazil nut;
(4) hazel nut; (5) walnut; (6) hickory nut; (7) beechnut; (8) chestnut;
(9) filbert; (10) pecan. A prize may be awarded to the one first having
Thanksgiving originated with the pilgrims who came from England in the
Mayflower. What other ships were they acquainted with? Provide the
guests with pencils and paper having the following questions written
1. What they met for on Sunday?
2. What feeling existed among them?
3. What ship was popular with the young folks?
4. What did it lead up to?
5. What was one of the young women fond of?
6. What was unpleasant for them?
7. What caused them to leave England?
8. What interfered with their peace?
9. What would have aided them?
10. What increased their number?
A prize may be awarded to the one who correctly answers the questions
first. The answers are: 1. Worship; 2. Friendship; 3. Courtship; 4.
Partnership; 5. Fellowship; 6. Hardship; 7. Rulership; 8. Leadership; 9.
Airship; 10. Heirship.
Previous: A Dinner For Literary Celebrities